Welcome!

Hi. I'm Wendy (Wendakai). I'm writing this health-oriented blog because I have colitis and celiac disease and am now on a gluten-free, vegan diet. I went kicking and screaming into that, I can tell you. I'm also at risk for Type 2 diabetes. Mom to an Aspie teen, wife to a working man and in my cronehood, I'm looking to stick around a bit yet and share what I learn with others. There are also other resources posted here for those seeking information on a healthier lifestyle, recipes, info and more. I hope you get something out of what's here. :)

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Blueberry Muffins!

I miss bread goods sometimes, so here's a great treat, especially if you have blueberries in the freezer!

1 & 1/4 cup whole bean flour
1/2 cup sorghum flour
1/4 cup almond flour
1/2 cup sugar (substitute molasses, honey, agave or maple syrup if you're refined sugar-free, but you don't need as much... maybe 1/3 cup, but to taste)
2 tsp. g-f baking powder
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. sea salt
3/4 to 1 cup blueberries
1 egg, beaten
1 cup organic lemonade (or for sugar-free, just squeeze a lemon into a cup and add enough water to make the 1 cup)

Stir together all the dry ingredients, including the sugar if using it. If not, add alternative after stirring dry ingredients. Add blueberries, beaten egg and lemonade. Stir to a batter. Add a tiddle more lemonade if needed to make a smooth batter. Spoon into greased muffin cups and bake in a 375 degree oven for 25 minutes, or until browned.

Now I have to go make some, because I've gone a made myself want 'em. ;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment